We specialise in complex 5 axis CNC machining of non-ferrous materials such as aluminium extrusions and castings with large-scale production capabilities. Various other metals, wood, plastics, resins and composite materials are also machined, together with moulds, patterns, jigs, fixtures and prototype parts.
We work to the customer’s exact requirements so whether its prototype parts or large batches, all parts are machined to CAD and quality checked to allow the greatest accuracy and highest quality.
5 Axis CNC Machining
The full 5 axis capability allows machining of very complex shapes without the need for multiple setups, resulting in far greater accuracy, repeatability and cost effectiveness
- Maximum machining envelope of XYZ 5000 x 3000 x 1000mm
- Twin tables are used for efficient production of machined parts
- Shop floor programming and the latest PowerMILL CAM software provided by Delcam is used
- High specification, high speed and accurate gantry machines incorporate direct linear encoder positioning and tool breakage detection systems
- Automatic tool changing of up to 42 tool types
- Renishaw ’ball bar’ calibration checks are carried out
- All work can be inspected and verified to orginal CAD data by our quality department using FARO CMM’s
3 Axis CNC Machining
Conventional 3 axis CNC machining centres with a maximum envelope size of XYZ 1000 x 500 x 50mm – or up to 6000mm long by repositioning.